Cornell has redesigned the popular self-priming line to have the best efficiencies in the industry. Combined with our patented-Cycloseal® back plate technology, the pumps are durable, powerful, and energy efficient.
The STX Series design builds on our prominence in providing world class pumps, and allows the new STX to operate in extremely heavy duty situations, while increase efficiencies up to 8 percent better than other manufactures’ average. Those efficiencies could translate into tens of thousands of dollars saved in fuel and maintenance expenses over the life of the pump.
Specially designed removable rotating assembly allows the new Cornell piece to retrofit with other manufacturers’ pumps.
Cornell has designed a High Head Series of Self Priming Pumps to hit the Industries toughest design points. Combined with our patented-Cycloseal® back plate technology, the pump is durable, powerful, and energy efficient.
The STH Series design takes the high head Self Priming Pumps to the next lever hitting heads 20% higher than our competition. The STH Design runs slower, while providing larger shafts and bearings to support the high head hydraulics. The result is a pump that out performs the competition in both durability and performance.
Easy to maintain
- Shimless Impellers: An external coverplate allows for the easy adjustment between the clearance of the impeller and the external wearplate. Instead of realigning belts, couplings and other drive components, the external coverplate eliminates those needs. This also makes sure that the seal assembly and the impeller back clearance are not disturbed. This design feature increases the life of the wearplate and the impeller.
- Solids Handling Impeller: Balanced ductile iron two blade impeller handles Solids up to 3″ in diameter. Pump out vanes on rear to reduce the buildup of foreign matter and reduce the pressure on the mechanical seal.
- Back Pull Out Rotating Assembly: The rotating assembly can be removed without dismantling the pump or disturbing the piping and there are Pusher Bolts to facilitate dismantling.
- Removable Cover Plate: Cornell Pumps have a removable coverplate that provides quick access to the pump’s interior.
- Easily Replaceable Suction Check Valve: Steel reinforced nitrile rubber check valve can easily be replaced through the front cover without removing the pipework.
- Dual Protection of Bearings: Atmospheric barrier and Dual lip seals provide bearing protection in the event of seal failure.
- Silicon Carbide VS. Silicon Carbide Seal: Externally lubricated mechanical seal is standard. Can run dry on high vacuum even when pumping highly abrasive liquids.
- Single Wear Plate: Easily replaceable front steel wear plate, with superior abrasion resistance.
- Heavy Duty Castings: All Cornell STX Self-Priming pumps are made of heavy duty ductile iron. All the pumps can be opened easily for priming, draining, and inspection of the internal parts.
- Heavy Duty Bearings with Separate Oil Reserve: Heavy duty thrust bearings sized for V belt drive loads. Separate oil fillings plugs for bearings and mechanical seals with sight gauges.
- Higher Efficiency Design: With industry-leading efficiencies, the STX helps pump more liquid for less energy. Saving substantial energy costs of the life of the pump.